Ebsco provides several of our most useful and popular databases- Business Source Premier, ANZ Reference Centre, CINAHL…and others.
The Ebsco search interface has just had a major upgrade. Here are some of the major changes:
- Images, graphs, charts appear in search results
- Improved ways of limiting results
- “Visual search” allows you to move and rearrange search terms
- “Smart text” searching allows you to paste a whole block of text (usually from another highly relevant article) and the software will interpret it, create a strategy and perform a search to find similar articles
- A “cite” feature gives clear guidelines on how to reference the results you find in a number of styles like APA, Chicago and Vancouver
- All articles have persistent links. These persistent links will be relocated from the body of the record to the browser URL bar for easier bookmarking. Lecturers can easily embed these in MyLO.
These features are available for you on any Ebsco database, and most of the new feature are neatly summarized on this page in Ebsco’s Support site.
Only a few of these feature are truly new, but it is presented in a more user friendly way.
Contact your Liaison Librarian for more information.