The Library has now upgraded from EndNoteX1 to EndNote X3. What’s new with EndNote X3
EndNote X3 (Windows version) is now available for download via the Library page and from all Library branches via CDROM. Mac version to follow.
Liaison Librarians offer regular EndNote workshops to Staff and Postgraduates- Online bookings via the Library Tours & Workshops page
Good news for Endnote users who have a Mac.
A problem affecting the Cite while You Write toolbar for Word 2008 has now been fixed via a downloadable patch.
All the information you need to download and install this patch is available from the Endnote support website.
UTAS Library is pleased to announce the release of Endnote XI, the popular reference management software for PC and Mac.
Where do I get it?
- UTAS staff and students can now download the latest Endnote version from UTAS’ UConnect site or borrow an installer disk from any UTAS Library branch. Our site licence allows you to install a copy on your own computer.
- The Library’s Endnote help page has been refreshed with information on the latest version.
- Computers in Library spaces such as Elabs and Learning Hubs have been or are about to be upgraded from Endnote 9 to Endnote XI. (Macs in the library will not be upgraded until later in the year). These networked machines will also be able to use extra styles connection files and filters that do not come with standard ENXI but are useful for UTAS clients. These include the Harvard-2002 style recommended by many UTAS schools and connection files to allow direct searching of the UTAS catalogue and also, for the first time, the State Library of Tasmania catalogue.
New features of ENXI include:
- View and manage subsets of references in your library with the new Groups feature
- Display multiple author names for each reference in the library reference list
- Use the Display Fonts preference to select your choice of font and size to display the Library window, General text that you enter
- More and better styles, connections and filters in the standard installation. Extra useful styles connections and filters not in the standard installation can be downloaded from our Endnote help page.
- More reference type templates such as ‘electronic article’ and ‘conference paper’
Here’s some other useful information
- We strongly recommend that you uninstall earlier versions of Endnote before attempting to install ENXI.
- Your libraries are separate files and will not be deleted. ENXI can seamlessly open any EN9 library.
- Not sure about compatability of ENXI with your computer or the Word version you have? Check the Endnote Tech Support page
- Having a problem installing…try fixing it yourself by following the advice on the Endnote Tech Support page.
- Try the flash ENXI Basics tutorial to get a quick start in ENXI.
Don’t forget to check the UTAS Library’ Endnote support page to get the full story!