After the successful introduction of 24/7 swipe card access to MML in Easter last year, we monitored the gate counts and client service desk enquiries in weeks 3 and 4 of both semester 1 and semester 2. We found that staff/student interactions between 9 and 10 pm were very low indeed. On the other hand, Security statistics indicated that students have taken full advantage of accessing the library after staffed hours.
In light of this, MML opening hours were reviewed and, during semester, the library will now close at 9 pm. This will also align with Launceston campus library hours (Branch libraries close at 8 pm).
The webpage has been updated http://www.library.utas.edu.au/about-us/our-libraries/morris-miller-campus-library/opening-hours
Information on 24/7 access and how to obtain a swipe card is available here http://www.library.utas.edu.au/about-us/our-libraries/morris-miller-campus-library/morris-miller-open-247
© Richard Eastwood Images
What kind of access will you have?
24/7 access to the Learning Hub areas on Level 2 and Level 3 – access to computers and online Library resources.
Library items can be checked out on the Self Check machine.
What will you need to do?
• Get a UTAS proxy/swipe card from the TUU building (Contact Centre) for $25 ($10 is refundable)
• Get the proxy card activated at the Morris Miller Library Client Services desk. If you already have such a card you can use it straight away
• Have both your UTAS student ID card and the proxy card with you at all times while in the library
What are the security arrangements?
• Security patrols and CCTV cameras
• Security can be contacted on the internal phones on Level 2 and Level 3. To contact Security using your mobile phone the number is 6226 7600
• A Help Point is located directly outside the Morris Miller Library front entrance
We invite you to post a comment on this blog.