On Wednesday January 11th, 2017 a number of updates will be applied to the MyLO environment and the MyMedia playback experience . The changes are summarised below.
The MyLO landing page will be updated. The tools previously accessed from the MyLO landing page are still available, but are now grouped under more intuitive menu options. Additional links have also been added (e.g. a link to e-Student is now available under other systems menu option).
Each unit within MyLO will have its homepage and navigation bar updated (new navigation bar pictured below). The tool bar is contextual, so students and staff have access to different options relevant to their role within the system.
- Content and MyMedia recordings are accessible from the updated navigation bar
- Tools in the navigation bar have been grouped under new, more intuitive menu items.
- The content browser (which showed content on the main unit homepage) has been removed, but the replacement content tool (accessible via the navigation bar) provides a superior experience.
- Online Rooms (the old version of Blackboard Collaborate used for web conferencing) has been disabled and its replacement Blackboard Collaborate Ultra is now the only option available for use.
The MyMedia Playback experience in Echo360 is getting an update (as seen in image below).
Help documentation detailing all the available options in the new MyMedia playback experience is available here:
Some of the major changes are:
- Contrast improved for better visibility
- Navigation controls have moved to the top of the screen
- Visual components of recordings can now be moved to suit individual user preference (i.e. side by side)