5 minutes with… Shantelle Rodman, Rural Clinical School Media and Communications Officer

What is your favourite childhood memory? 

That’s a really hard question, as I have several favourites! One thing I remember fondly though is my Pop regularly taking me, my Nan and my Mum for a Sunday outing. After reversing the car out of the driveway he would always say something along the lines of “and now I’ll push the magic button, get ready for take-off to our destination” which always made me smile and made the car journeys really exciting!

What is your favourite winter meal?

Homemade chicken, leek and mushroom pie accompanied by roast potatoes garnished with rosemary.

What do you do to relax?5 mins with Shantelle Rodman pic (Custom)

Quite a few things. At the top of the list is holidaying somewhere sunny, warm and tropical where I can lounge about outside and read a magazine or book. I also find cooking quite relaxing and therapeutic. My other relaxation activity is pottering around in my herb and vegetable garden, which for me personally, is a great way to switch off from the world.

What is your greatest dislike?

Inhaling second hand smoke in a public place. I’m not opposed to people smoking in public when it’s done considerately, but I don’t particularly enjoy walking behind or into a cloud of cigarette smoke on a busy street or in a busy area where it’s impossible to avoid.

What do you like most about your work?

I get to channel my inner creativity and constantly get to write! I’ve always loved writing stories about anything and everything for as long as I can remember, so it’s pretty amazing to be doing that as my career.

One wish for the future?

I would like to learn and become fluent in a second language.

Tell us one thing people might not know about you.

I am a classically trained pianist with an Associate in Music (AMusA) and Bachelor of Music (BMus) who taught piano for approximately 4 years.

Comments

This post doesn't have any comments