During the past year, the University has reviewed the use of ePortfolios as part of your learning and teaching experience. The need for such a review was in response to academic, accreditation and industry requirements across a range of sectors.
Using a vendor selection process, the University selected PebblePad as the successful provider of not only a portfolio solution but also a full learning space that allows users (students and staff) to collect, curate, create, communicate and share achievements, personal capabilities and professional skills with peers, mentors and colleagues internally and externally.
As you may be aware, during Semester 1, 2018, the University implemented PebblePad. A staggered adoption process was executed with the School of Education, School of Medicine (clinical placement) and the University College.
The following results have been achieved:
- 122 units have a PebblePad workspace.
- 3300 PebblePad users.
- 2550 Portfolios created.
- 11,000 Assets collected.
- 21,000 Documented records
During Semester 2, 2018, there has been an increase in staggered adoption by more units, particularly in those Schools and Colleges requiring portfolio development for accreditation purposes.
As PebblePad is now integrated into the suite of applications, the older D2L version ‘ePortfolio’ will be decommissioned on January 2, 2019. If you have used ‘ePortfolio’ and have files within ‘ePortfolio’ that you would like to keep, we encourage you to download these files and upload them into a new PebblePad workspace.
Instructions on how to export your files are below.
To access ePortfolio:
- Go to https://mylo.utas.edu.au/d2l/home and login using your University login details.
- Hover over ‘other systems’ and select ‘Old ePortfolio’ from the drop down menu.
- Click on ‘My Items’.
- Click on the arrow at the end of the file title and select ‘export’ from the dropdown menu.
- Follow instructions to download your file(s).
- Save your file(s) to a suitable location (e.g. One Drive).
- Help guides on Exporting and Importing into PebblePad are attached.
To access PebblePad:
- Go to https://v3.pebblepad.com.au/login/utas/
- Select ‘I have an IT account at this organisation’.
- Click ‘Login to PebblePad’.
- Once you’ve signed in, you’ll be taken to your Pebble+ dashboard.
- Click ‘Get Creative’ from your dashboard. Here you will have the option of creating a space to store your previous files.