Welcome to Semester 1, 2022
During the past couple of months a number of our vendors have released fantastic new features in MyLO which are now available for staff to use:
- Improved Video Media Editor with the ability to Trim and Tail, Split into Multiple videos, Remove Segments and Insert Media
- Echo360 Resource Center – help pop ups including walkthroughs and videos are now available by clicking on the large blue question mark wherever it appears in Echo360
- Ability to add a Custom Thumbnail/Preview Image for Video and Audio Media
- Collections – groups have become Collections, and are a better way to organise, share and collaborate Echo360 content
D2L Work to Do Widget
- This is one for your students, but it would be great if you could mention it to them.
- The Work to Do Widget appears on the MyLO home page, and displays all upcoming learning activities for a student across all units in which they are currently enrolled, that have a due date or end date.
- Importantly, it won’t display any learning activities that have been hidden, and it won’t display any third party activities that don’t have a corresponding D2L activity (eg assignments in PebblePad Atlas)
- A link to a Staff Information Guide is available here, and we also have a Student Information Guide
- Templates are now able to be excluded from Similarity Reports
- Respondus Live Proctoring is an alternative to using Respondus Lockdown Browser and Monitor, by integrating with Zoom. A best practice guide for use in your units is available here
- Contact learners via Atlas – when viewing submissions in ATLAS you can now choose to send a bulk email to all students who have submitted work, or by using filters a subset of those students. More details regarding the latest release available here
H5P have some great new tools being released next week (2 March 2022) including The Chase, AR Scavenger and Advanced Fill in the Blanks.
Once the release is available we’ll update our H5P staff guides on the Staff Resources page
Update 3 March 2022: These new H5P Tools are now available .. see this link for more information
FeedbackFruits supports both Peer Review and Group Peer Evaluation. It’s been available for use since last year, but they are always improving their products
Getting Started in MyLO 2022
The Getting Started in MyLO unit has been updated and 8,500 students have already accessed it. Although this unit is primarily aimed at students, we recommend new staff self enrol via Discover Course Catalog to gain a high level overview of MyLO
Don’t forget our staff help guides are here to assist you too, and your Digital Futures Team Members will be happy to assist
If you have a technical problem and require our assistance please log a job via the Service Portal using the Request Support for Learning Management Systems (MyLO) form