What is a blog
A blog is an online journal or diary contributed to on an ongoing basis by one or more people. It generally focusses on a particular subject, and entries are displayed in reverse chronological order. A blog can have embedded hyperlinks, images, videos and podcasts, and as in a forum, can be open to readers’ comments.
Getting the most out of your blog
If you want people to read your blog:
- keep it up-to-date by having a regular posting schedule – people look at the publishing dates of recent posts. By keeping a regular schedule you show you’re committed to the content
- keep the content relevant to your audience
- optimise for SEO and search
- promote your blog on social channels
- edit for spelling and grammar mistakes
- write engaging headlines.
Do I need a blog?
Take a look below at some examples of UTAS using blogs:
- The Explorer (International Student Stories) blog
- Library News blog
- MyLo blog
- Professional Experience Placement blog
Do I need a blog and how do I request a blog?
For more information refer to the Web Services Intranet.
For more advice or to request a blog, submit a ticket through the Service Portal.
Get comfy with WordPress blogging software
Not familiar with WordPress? Don’t worry – there are some great WordPress sites and resources out on the Internet to help you