5 minutes with…..Chantel Crossman, Stakeholder Engagement Manager, Wicking Dementia Research and Education Centre

What is your favourite film and book? Chantel Crossman

This is a tricky question for me because since my two children (Ruby aged 4 and Jonah aged 3) were born I’m generally too exhausted at night to read! My favourite authors are Ian McEwan ‘On Chesil Beach’ and ‘Atonement’, Cormac McCarthy ‘The Road’ and Tim Winton ‘Dirt Music’. And for films I love anything starring Robert De Niro, ‘Casino’ being right up the top.

What makes you laugh?

A catch up with my best friends over good champagne and great food.

Tell us one thing on your ‘must do’ list for the future.

I have a list of places I want to travel to however I’m currently trying to decide if a flight with my two toddlers all the way to my Mum’s house in France is too ambitious. Something a little closer to home maybe….
I’ve also been meaning to build a planter wall of herbs outside my living room window every weekend. Soon.

What do you consider to be the best part about living in Tasmania?

The fact it is so similar to my home town Adelaide. Everything is at your door step and it’s very easy to get around. We live near Hill Street Grocers, beautiful parks and gardens, and the great bars and restaurants in North Hobart. Then when we want some time to relax or unwind, we can go bushwalking or to the beach which is an easy 20-30 minute drive away.

What do you like most about your work?

I love meeting people and I love to tell them about the work that the Wicking team is doing. I believe that we can have a huge impact on many people’s lives around the world, and I feel very inspired to think about the journey ahead.

Tell us one thing that might surprise people about you.

I was once married in India in a completely elaborate, over-the-top and amazing way.

Comments

This post doesn't have any comments